Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Okay, I Admit It. I Was Wrong

As most of America knows, several years ago Swiffer put out a dusting product. Most everyone knows this because they put out some pretty cute commercials that were played on every television show known to man.

I had tried the Swiffer sweepers, and I wasn’t all that impressed. I preferred my microfiber mop, and still do. For dusting I use an old fashioned felt like dust rag. I have also used microfiber, but it seemed to push the dust around more than anything. I just didn’t see the use of a product that just creates more waste, and ends up costing me money to replace instead of just washing.

Then I moved into this house of windows-- lots and lots of windows covered by lots and lots of blinds. Dusting with a cloth just took up too much time, the feather duster didn’t work well, and the microfiber over the finger-like extensions designed to go between the blinds just plain took too long. By the time I was finished with one set of blinds I was DONE!

As I was walking through the aisles of the grocery store, I spied the Swiffer dusters. The same dusters I have been scoffing at since they came out. Now, however, I was desperate. I can’t stand seeing the dust on the blinds, and I can’t stand dusting them, so I decided to give them a shot.

The next night I tried them. I have to admit, my expectations were low, very low. Well, let me tell you…these things are AWESOME! I was able to dust all of my blinds in my living room and dining room, 8 sets, as well as, all of the furniture with one Swiffer thingie (<

No comments: