Friday, March 2, 2012

Fibro and Fitness Friday

The purpose of these posts is to document my journey with Fibromyalgia. I hope to see improvement over time that might go unnoticed in day to day living.

OK, so I managed to get my rear in gear and get to the gym every day this week, and by every day I mean Monday-Friday because we all know that Saturday and Sunday are bonus days. I hope to get myself to the gym at least on Saturday for a light workout. Frankly, my workouts this week have been lacking. I put in the time, but I just didn’t feel good about them. Part of that could be because I am going through a bit of a flare right now.

This week I am still struggling with my foot hurting which causes me to have to concentrate more on how to position foot not only so my foot makes it through my workout, but so that I don’t end up hurting my knees by walking funny.

The Fibro thing that is all up in my face this week is fatigue. I feel like I could sleep 20 hours a day. I don’t, but I think I could. I have stopped using 5 hour energy drinks to make it through my workouts, but I think maybe I could keep them on hand for weeks like this. I just wish they didn’t have Splenda in them. I really, really don’t like Splenda. It has a terrible taste to it. For all of you who can’t taste it—I don’t like you anymore. ;P

Fitness—like I said I managed to get to the gym, but I didn’t do my stairs. I did get Week 4 of couch to 5K done. It was rough. I don’t know whose brilliant idea it was to try to increase my speed on the elliptical by completing this program, but I’m sure it wasn’t mine. At least it wasn’t sane me. It might have been crazy me.

So, Couch to 5K on the elliptical MWF, regular elliptical on TTH, and 45-85 minutes on the treadmill Tuesday-Friday, and the recumbent bike for 65 minutes on Monday. My goal for next week is to continue with Couch to 5K, and to mix it up a bit more with the bike and treadmill. I also want to get back into my stairs and rebounder at home.

As far as Fibro goes I want to research ways to combat the fatigue. Honestly, the fatigue kicks my butt every time!

No comments: