Saturday, September 8, 2012

Random Memories From When My Child Was a Cute Tiny Little Thing

Like most toddlers and young children, when Brendan was little he said and did things we thought we would never forget. Believe it or not, now that he is 19 we have forgotten a lot of those things. My mom, in her infinite wisdom, decided to write down some of those things and has kept the list in her Bible. Later this month when I go visit her I am going to have to check those things out!

In the meantime, here are some things I remember about that time:

"hanna bow go" was a hamburger

"ata gator" was both an elevator and the reptile that lives in Florida resembling a crocodile.

"stwaving" meant he was very, very hungry. Starving, even. You would have thought he grew up in New Yawk...or Bwoston.

I was always asking him who gave him permission to keep growing up. One day he came up with the perfect infallible answer, "Jesus did." How can you argue with that?


A little bit older...

Walking in the room while my mom was reading her Bible, "Are you sharpening your sword?"

The first time the church had communion after he had been baptized while listening to the sermon, he leans over to me and whispers, "When are we having God's Lunch?"


A bit older than that...

About 9 years old, Michael is deployed to Kuwait for the year, and I am admitted to the hospital with what turns out to be a large ovarian cyst. Fortunately my mom happens to be visiting, and when Brendan and she leave to go home the first night, he says forlornly, "Now they're both gone." BROKE.MY.HEART.

That's all I've got for now. I will have to keep thinking on it.

No comments: