Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fibro Friday Revisited

Ok, so I have totally, totally failed at Fibro Friday. Unless Fridays only come like twice a year in which case I have totally ROCKED Fibro Friday, and you’re welcome! Just in case Fridays come more often, though, I am here to say I am going to give it another shot.

I am going to change up my original plan, though, and call it Fibro and Fitness Friday. Since the beginning of the year I have been doing really well with going to the gym and watching what I eat with the exception of 3 days this week where I let illness, school stress and the stress of my husband getting a lung biopsy get the better of me. I believe if it had been one or the other or even if illness was removed from the equation I would have done better. So, anyway, since I have been doing well on the fitness area, I am going to add it in as added incentive to get my rear in gear.

Some things I have learned about my fibro since I last wrote:
1. PMS week is an especially vulnerable time. I often have flares this week.
2. The flare related back pain I get has been greatly reduced since taking on a regular workout schedule.
3. Sometimes my flares take on flu like symptoms right down to a sore throat, coughing and sneezing. (This is not the case with this cold, though, since EVERYONE in my house has it.)
4. If I start out slowly, I can work up to quite the workout—right now I am at 25-35 minutes on the elliptical and 60-85 minutes on the treadmill every day.
5. I really, really need to listen to my body. This I am not so good at. (I know you are shocked!)

So, here goes! I am going to give this another shot (not with a needle, I hate those).
Oh, and yes, I know it is Saturday and not Friday, but, you know, Fibro and Fitness Saturday just doesn’t have the cool alliteration that Fibro and Fitness Friday does. Besides, I wouldn’t want to accidently get all perfect with this at once, now would I?

No comments: