Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Things That Make Me Happy Part I

This entry would be subtitled, "Hooray for medical advances!" This week I went in for my..used to be yearly, but now will be every six months..bloodtest. I hate needles. I hate them with a passion, and having a lab tech jiggle a needle in my arm while they change out vials..not exactly on my top ten list, so imagine my joy at this exchange:

Blood sucking vampire lady: "Please look over the label, make sure everything is correct, and initial on the line."

Me: *looks at label, initials, and looks up* "Is that the only one?" Inside I am thinking, "Because I'm not coming here again for at least 6 months. I don't care what they say."

Blood sucking vampire lady: "Yes, that's it."

Me: "Are you sure? Because usually I have 4 vials taken."

Blood sucking vampire lady (turned angel): "Oh, we are doing about 30 tests on this one vial. We have better testing now."


Cool! Only one vial instead of 4. I was in and out in a matter of a minute, AND.... I got a Snoopy bandaid!

No comments: