Friday, February 25, 2011

I am Officially Pathetic!

In the last week I have managed to break both my glasses and my backup glasses, so now I am sitting in my living room watching television and playing on the web in my sunglasses.

WHYYYYYY did I not make an eye appointment when I broke the first pair?! Today I called the 3 (really, Tricare? 3??) eye doctors in my area that take my insurance, and the first appointment isn't for more than 2 weeks. Add to that the fact that I wear frameless glasses, so they have to be sent out adding another 2-3 weeks before I get glasses, and I am going to be looking all cool (or like I am trying to hide a black eye) for quite a while.

Hopefully, I will be able to get in to WalMart or Lenscrafters or the like to at least get the eye exam sooner. I will have to pay out of pocket, but really, how long can I live in sunglasses? After all, I do have a teenage boy, and I won't be able to hear anything over his laughter if I sit around like this all day.

The bright side is, I do have the Rx sunglasses (well darkened bright side, anyway) because without them I wouldn't even be able to drive, and THAT would be fun...NOT!

No comments: