Saturday, December 20, 2008

What do you think of me?

This week I had an interesting insight. One that not everyone will have the chance to experience.--I learned what a perfect stranger's first impression of me is.

I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping when I decided to head over to Game Stop to pick up a game my son requested for Christmas. I didn't plan to get him anymore gifts, but I discovered that the clothes to fun stuff ratio was a bit off.

Anyway, I walked into the store, and, surprisingly, I was the only customer in the store. The very friendly clerk asked me how I was doing, and asked if I was looking for anything specific. And this is where it happened....I asked if Overlord Hellraiser was an actual game, or if it was a "coming soon" game. The man's eyes widened, and he did a visible double take. Then he proceeded to fall over the counter laughing, as he explained, "I did NOT expect that to come out of your mouth." I laughed right along with him, and said, "Let me start over. Can I get the Lego game, please." Apparently, I don't look like the hell raiser type. I would have to agree with him. I don't think I ever thought those words would come out of my mouth either.

But, I got the game, and a good laugh. How many times, this close to Christmas, do you not only get what your looking for, but have a good time joking with a store worker while getting it.

Ella

No comments: