Sunday, August 10, 2008

Introducing Me the Future Olympian

Well, I have decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. A little late, I know, but I needed to make sure this blog thing was actually going to stick around, you know.

Ok, not really. I just tend to mull things over a while before I do anything. See, if I didn't then I wouldn't have a mundane life.

So, a little about us. I am an Air Force wife of 18 years. We have one 15 year old son, a cat and a dog. The son, the cat and the dog rule the roost--not necessarily in that order. Truth be told it should be the cat, the son and then the dog. Ok, no, it should be the cat, the son, my husband and I, the neighbors, the crickets, the spiders,.....and waaay down the list would be the dog. Poor dog.

We tend to be homebodies. We do work and school full time and then we stay home. At least we did. That is all going to change because now we all have new bikes. Ok, M (my pun-infested husband) and B (my 15 turning 28 year old son) have new bikes. Mine is on order, 'cuz I am short, but not short enough for what the bike store had in.

So, back to the bikes. The bikes are the fault of the Olympics. We were politely minding our own business watching the beginning of the women's bike race when I hear "...49 year old...." 49!! This on the heals of the 41 year old swimmer!! Are you kidding me?! I'm 36, and I have one foot in the grave already, just ask me, I'll complain about all my ailments for you. So, I hear about the 49 year old and immediately call upstairs to M. Hey this lady is 49, and in the olympics. If I start now I can be in the olympics. All my high school dreams can still come true...Let's go to the bike store. 2 hours, 1 bike, 1 layaway and $1800 later we are on our way to a fitter us. Oh, and be sure to watch for the 40 year old unknown in the 2012 summer olympics.

No comments: